Saturday, October 4, 2008

Why Asia?

I recently wrote to a friend in an email...

As for Asia – we’re going to spend a week trekking in the Himilayas, about two and a half weeks connecting with various Christians in India (northeast primarily) and three weeks with Mennonites in Indonesia. The time in Indonesia is primarily to catch up with Amber’s brother. If I were to sum up the trip I would state three purposes:
1) To kick this recent marriage to Amber off with a big celebration
2) To get a break from camp, hoping to come at a capital campaign renewed and with focus
3) To see how God is moving in the East

2 comments:

Lisa and Keith said...

Wow guys! Thanks for the email update you sent me! How exciting for you both! I didn't realize Troy was in Indonesia! My cousin and his family are missonaries in Indonesia as well. Will you do me a favor when you're in China??? Please bring back my new nephew that we are waiting for??? :) Keith's sister & husband are adopting and we are just waiting now!!
I am so excited for you both! What a great opportunity you have! I will check back to your blog to see how things are going!!
love & prayers,
Lisa (Kegg) Carpenter :)

David said...

Bon voyage, you two! How exciting! You'll be talking about this trip for the rest of your lives. We look forward to reading your posts--safe travels, and Godspeed!
Love,
Lon, Sandy, David, and Abby

Photos

Photos
Click here for all sorts of pictures from parts of our lives

Followers